Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup



I could not live without my crockpot.  It is the magical kitchen appliance that gets me through the long days.  I use it most often when I know I have a busy day, or in winter and rainy days that just scream "soup day!"

But sometimes in winter I start missing burgers on the bbq.  The perfect solution? Cheeseburger soup.

And, oh, it was so delicious. The cheese, the pickles, the hamburger.  A match made in heaven.

Here's what you need;

Half a can of tomatoes (I used half because it was what I had left in the fridge, use a whole one if you want and really like tomatoes!
1 lb of hamburger
1/2 can of black olives
1 tsp of rosemary
1/4 cup of cream
1 cup of milk
4 cups broth (I used some homemade chicken broth)
Diced pickles for topping

Cook the hamburger on the stove until it is no longer pink.  Throw everything into the crockpot except the milk and cream and pickles.  Cook on high for 4 hours.

About 10 minutes before serving mix in the cream and milk. Serve into bowls and top with diced pickles.

Seriously, this tastes like a cheeseburger.  It was like eating a bowl of Summer in the dead of Winter. Go make a pot of this stuff and try and ignore the layer of ice and snow outside the window.



Comments