Chocolate Candy Cane Dip


I've had this white cream cheese frosting sitting in my fridge for weeks, leftover from cupcakes I made awhile back. I never know what to do with leftover frosting. I usually end up eating spoonfuls of the stuff every time I find myself in the kitchen. Never a good thing. This time, in an effort to avoid eating half  a can of frosting to myself, I decided I would get creative and use it for a dip...and maybe even share it with my kids. :)

Chocolate Candy Cane Dip 

1 cup white cream cheese frosting
1 cup whipped topping 
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
5 small candy canes
sponge cake for dipping


 

First thing I did was make the whipped topping according to the directions on the package.  You could just use Cool Whip for this as well instead of making it from a mix.

Mix one cup of whipped topping with one cup of cream cheese frosting, and 2 Tbsp of cocoa.  I used my electric beater for this part.


Now stir in the crushed candy canes with a spoon.  I used about 5 of the small sized candy canes.  Leave a little of the crushed candy cane to sprinkle on top.

Transfer the dip to a small bowl and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.  


Add some sponge cake, or graham crackers for dipping!  


My kids barely saved me any.  It's actually quite a miracle I got a picture of this before their little hands got a hold of it.

This would also be a great dish to bring to a holiday potluck party.  Enjoy!


Comments

  1. This looks like a yummy treat to take to a Christmas party! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely went over well with the kids here, and the kids-at-heart. :) Thank you for stopping by, Lisa!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    What a great idea, we will really enjoy your Chocolate Candy Cane Dip! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday! Hope you are having a wonderful week and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we always have an overflow of candy canes given to us at Christmas time, so I had to come up with some way to use them! Thank you so much for stopping by. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment